Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Fifteen in...

Hey there, sports fans! And all you fans of other things... It's just over two weeks into the new year, and it's about time I rambled and ranted in my usual non-linear fashion.

Here is my year so far in bullet point form, just to keep things fresh. As fresh as a blog can be, anyways.

in 2009 I have:

  • Eaten a whole lot of chicken
  • Not gone to the beach once, and I'm getting pretty pissed about that!
  • Formed a new band with good friends, and rediscovered my penchant for writing rock riffs
  • Continued to run 4 - 5 days a week
  • Kissed a rather cute young lady
  • Started to freak out about finances at uni... Handjobs for cash, anyone?
  • Subsequently been offered a half chance at some casual smart car driving... hell yeah I would like to get paid to listen to my own tunes and drive around for a few hours!
  • Sang TLC's Scrub in the shower no less than three times
  • Not said 'literally' once, not even in the ironic sense
  • Started yet another totally pointless blog
You could say things are looking up, but they're also looking scary. But that's a good thing, I've wasted away the last few years of my life, and it's about time I threw myself in the deep end, got some excitement in my life, and swam away from those in the shallow end (of the gene pool). I.e; the peons that cloud my brain on a daily basis at my place of work. I wrote some 'werdz' about these folk the other day:

'You're all walking into objects,
You spin with your sensors off while you paw at my sleeve
I can see this is how you spend your days,
Headless and hell bent on speaking with nothing to say

I ain't been around for too long
But I know what the rest of us see
We shall speak of a barrel toss
While we watch the apples rot"

It's not much, I know. Maybe it's the start of something, maybe not. But either way, I can taste freedom, and it tastes like tooheys new from a uni tav tap! Just over one month to go!

Anyways, I must apologise for this new entry and its lack of my usual vitriol, and the complete lack of any sort of purpose... but whatever, hey. I do what I want!

I'll leave y'all with a little piece of advice courtesy of my friend who shall be named Montana:

'Hey man, all I know is some people think pickled cucumber tastes better"

'...What?"

'Huh?"

Ahhhh, call of the century!

Take care all, 'til I see you next on the open seas.

2 comments:

Adam Davis said...

your a really good writer dude. keep it up.

Unknown said...

Nice quote... although the fact is you are quoting a quoter, making you the most post modern blogger i am currently aware of. This year truly is shaping up to be a scary one. I am feeling the fear. See you in camp.